Monday, August 16, 2010

Deleting my Facebook Account (Part 2)

I'm still trying to delete my Facebook but it appears Facebook lied to me. Once I delete it, I will signup again. This is just a reboot so I can start fresh. I opened my Facebook account when they first opened it up to general public so I've had it a long time and it has collected a lot of junk I'd like to purge. Since it's hard to purge that stuff, deleting my account seemed like the simplest way to remove everything and rebuild.

They said that my account would be deleted on Saturday August 14. It's now Monday August 16 and I tried to signup and it said "There is an existing account associated with this email".



So I logged in and saw this.



I clicked Confirm Deletion and saw this.


They had me wait 14 days until it got deleted. I waited 16 days and discovered they lied. My account has not been deleted now they are having me wait another 14 days. This time I will wait 30 days before I attempt to signup again.

No comments: